All models and wargear must be WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get). Proxies are not allowed.
Models not produced by Games Workshop, as well as significant conversions must be approved prior to event.
Models do not need to be painted, but must be fully assembled with all of the appropriated pieces and properly based. (Remember that painting will be judged and contribute to final score).
Armies that contain any models that do not meet a 3 color paint minimum (No, 2 colored dots do not count) will receive a -2 to the roll deciding who goes first.
You must bring any relevant books or electronic versions of all rules for your army, and make them available to your opponents.
A printed army list is required for each of your opponents.
Warlords, Warlord Traits, Psychic Powers, Relics (not to include stratagem generated relics), and any other pre-game selected abilities must be annotated on your army list.
Please submit all army lists to email@example.com by June 1st, 2018. Late submissions will receive penalties.
army composition guidelines
2000 points, maximum 3 detatchments
- Per the matched play rules, armies must be battle-forged, and you cannot create an army list containing more than a total of 3 of the detachments listed in the main rulebook on Pg. 242-245.
- All Games Workshop & Forgeworld 8th Edition Warhammer 40K source material released 30 days prior to the tournament will be in effect. This includes Chapter Approved updates.
- Our tournament will be scored as per ITC standard guidelines:
- 1,000 Tournament Points + Battle Points for a Win
- 500 Tournament Points + Battle Points for a Tie
- 0 Tournament Points + Battle Points for a Loss
- This format will determine pairings for you where W/L/D record is a primary. Players are paired in descending order, with the two highest scores playing one another, then 3rd and 4th highest scores, etc., working your way fown the rankings. Please note, the Best Coast Pairings app will automatically default to this scoring structure for you if you use it.
0 points – the army is unpainted or has less than 3 colors
5 points – the army is painted in at least 3 colors and based
+ 5 points – effort was put into painting the army (ie you didn’t just spray paint 3 different colors)
+ 2 points – the army looks like a coherent fighting force even if different elements of the army are from different factions (matching bases, campaign badges, unit markings etc.)
+ 1 point – the army is based cohesively
+ 1 point – base work on the army is exceptional (painted resin bases, use of
multiple flock, pretty much anything other than painted sand)
+ 2 point – the paint job features a highlight or shadow
+ 1 points – the paint job features multiple shadows or highlights
+ 2 points – this army has something special that makes it stand out from the rest (NMM, weathering, freehand, conversion etc)
+ 1 point – this army is truly exceptional and will be in the running for Best Painted
20 points max. Most players should receive at least 10 points.
- We will be using the ITC Championship Missions.
if you have a question, please reach out to us for an official ruling
Q: I have some custom made models, where would I sent pictures for approval?
A: Model pics can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for approval. If approval is given, you will be required to have a pic of the model next to it's entry on your army list.
Q: Are warlord traits and Chapter Tactics fixed for the entire tournament or can they change between games rounds?
A: Warlord trait, relic, and Chapter Tactics are fixed for the entire tournament. They cannot be swapped between rounds. However, if you choose to utilize CP to obtain additional relics, you may do that prior to the start of the game. Relics obtained in this manner are not fixed from game to game.
Q: Are duplicate detachments allowed? Ie can I take 2 brigades?
A: Yes, duplicate detachments are allowed.
Q: Is basing required as part of the painting criteria?
A: Yes, model should be based or glued onto a clear base.
For rules questions:
To get a judge ruling for this event, please fill out this form and we will post our official ruling on this page.